Comics titles are organized into pages, scenes and speech bubbles.
You can access the Title Reader either by tapping READ (or START READING on iOS devices) in the Title Details screen or by tapping on the thumbnail of a note in the Notebook. If you had a title open before and it has not been removed, LingoZing! will take you to the last page you read.
To become familiar with the navigation of the titles it is best to open a title and use the contextual help button (?) in the red bar at the top of the screens. When in title reading mode this red bar will disappear after a few seconds but it will briefly re-appear when you tap on on a scene. Here is how you navigate in the Title Reader:
- Swipe left or right with one finger to browse through the pages.
- Tap an empty space in a scene to zoom in and out. The scene will be enlarged as much as possible and highlighted while the rest of the scenes will be darkened.
Note: LingoZING! does not support two-finger zooming in and out (as you might be used to on photos), because each book page is actually broken into scenes and bubble areas. Instead LingoZING! will enlarge scenes in the available space using this tap function.
- Tapping a highlighted scene anywhere except on a speech bubble will go back to viewing the whole page.
Note: when a scene has no speech bubbles, it will not be highlighted.
- When a scene is highlighted you can swipe left, right, up, or down to navigate the scenes on the page.
- Tapping on a speech bubble in a highlighted scene will cause LingoZING! to play the voice of the voice recording artist that dubbed the title in realistic pronunciation and tone. The voice will be in the language you have set as your secondary language (the language you want to learn). The text will also be displayed both in the primary and secondary languages you have chosen.
Note: If you can’t hear the spoken voices, make sure your sound is turned up enough on your device so you can hear it (use your device settings or the +/- volume buttons on your device)!
Note: on small screens the bubbles may be very small and require several tries to tap correctly.
- When the printed bubbles are displayed in the two languages you can tap on the little slider on the bottom (left on iOS devices, right on Android devices) to switch the languages. Then you can hear the voice in the primary language.
- To learn what you can do after a bubble has been played to you see the section on Features.
- When the spoken bubble and printed text is displayed you can tap anywhere on the page to get back to the highlighted scene.
- Tapping on a scene with two fingers will cause LingoZING! to play-read the whole book (title) to you in sequence, scene by scene, bubble by bubble, starting from the scene where you tapped. To stop the play-read simply tap anywhere on a scene. tapping a second time will take you back to viewing the current highlighted scene. tapping a third time will take you back to viewing the whole page.
- Tapping on a scene with three fingers will cause LingoZING! to play-read the whole book (title) to you SLOWLY, in sequence, scene by scene, bubble by bubble, starting from either the scene where you tapped when highlighted or page when in page view. To stop the play-read simply tap anywhere on a scene. Tapping a second time will take you back to viewing the current highlighted scene. Tapping a third time will take you back to viewing the whole page.
- When in page view or viewing a highlighted scene you can tap and hold your finger on a bubble to save a Note. A circle will briefly be drawn around the bubble while a ringing sound is played. This makes an entry of this scene and bubble in My Notebook, which you can later use to get back to the place you left off.